FlyStation Japan hosted Japan’s very first International Indoor Skydiving Competition, the Sakura Cup Invitational 2018 from March 31 ~ April 1. Only the highest ranking flyers were invited to enter the competition and the results are finally in.
16 Teams were invited to the competition, after an engaging battle the podium was:
- 1st Flyspot Unlimited – Rafael Schwaiger, Martin Dedek – Video
- 2nd Proud Flyers – Martin Kristensen, Filip Crnjakovic – Video
- 3rd The Bros – Leonard Blanchon, Clement Ducloux – Final Round
8 Teams were invited to the competition, after an engaging battle the podium was:
- 1st Windoor Vengadores – Joshua O’Donoghue, Luke Warren, Cesar Rico Garcia, Dani Gallego – Final Round
- 2nd Shuriken – Andrzej Soltyk, Josh Ruiz Velasco, Leonard Blanchon, Clement Ducloux – Final Round
- 3rd Prana Vayu – Cole Fehr, Timmy, Dave Retzlaff, Jeff Dimock – Video
Although the Japanese team did not get to the podium they did an amazing job.
Photos, Livestream and more …
- Event Page
- Photo Album – Day 1
- Photo Album – Day 2
- Official Scoreboard
- Official Hashtag: #flysakuracup
About FlyStation Japan
FlyStation Japan opened in April of 2017. Although the sport has been a household name in places such as Europe and USA since the 90’s, indoor skydiving was only recently introduced to Japan. Since then, Indoor Skydiving has gained rapid local attention. Everyone has had the dream of flight. Now it’s possible! With FlyStation’s top speeds of 360 km per/hour, everyone 4 years and up can fly high! Enjoy the adrenaline and always stay safe. To find out more about this wind tunnel, its events and offers visit the tunnel page.