Fancy feeling the rush, flying thousands of feet up in the air? Get your adrenaline pumping and experience the awesome sensation of free fall as an iFly Indoor Skydiving Instructor at The Bear Grylls Adventure!
Working here feels exhilarating and our iFly team are a vital ingredient in the guest experience. Therefore, we’re looking for people who strive for the best, are bold and can encourage themselves to achieve new limits.
What we are looking for
- IBA Level 1 Instructor qualification (desirable)
- The ability to speak to large groups of people and keep them engaged
- An excellent communicator who loves to interact with people of all ages
- Passionate about the sport and willing to pass on that knowledge and expertise to our guests at every opportunity
- Health and Safety must be at the forefront of everything you do
The iFly Instructor is a unique role, responsible for instructing guests and operating the iFly experience on a day-to-day basis, delivering an exceptional guest experience and always ensuring guest safety.
On a typical day (if you can call it that) you’ll lead indoor skydiving classes of up to 13 participants, control the wind tunnel for other instructors’ classes, always ensuring smooth operation and guest/instructor safety. There may also be times where you’ll perform instructor flying demos for Marketing purposes. In addition to this you’ll be responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of the iFly area as well as kit and tunnel opening inspections.
This is a full-time permanent position, based on working a minimum of 30 hours per week. Due to the nature of the business the successful applicant will be required to work weekends, school, and bank holidays.
What’s in it for you
Alongside being able to trust their instincts and enjoy the rush, we also offer,
- An hourly rate of £9.71, paid fortnightly
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% online LEGO discount
- Access to an employee discount website
- Merlin Magic Pass – giving you free tickets to all our attractions worldwide for you, your family, and friends every year
- Free parking
- Five-minute walk from Birmingham International Train Station
Everyone Matters at Merlin
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we’ll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions or if you require any assistance, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email at email@example.com and one of the team will contact you as soon as possible.
Get your adrenaline pumping and experience the awesome by applying here – https://loom.ly/bVY9WvU
Last updated on 16 Feb 2023